West Long Branch Pre-School Program
The WLB PreK program is designed to educate pre-school students with disabilities in a setting with other pre-school peers.
- A limited number of preschool students are selected to participate in the program.
- Applications for the program are available on the website in Early March for the following school year.
In order to qualify for participation in the program, children must meet the following criteria:
- Attained the age of 4 years old on or before October 1st but not 5 years old by October 1st.
- Proof of residency in West Long Branch, Interlaken, Allenhurst or Loch Arbour.
- Child needs to be toilet trained.
- Provide transportation for child to and from the program.
- Present proof that your child has received the required immunizations.
- Child must participate in a pre-school readiness assessment.
The preschool classes are held:
Monday - Friday @ The Betty McElmon Elementary.
There are three sessions:
Two morning (AM) sessions from 8:50 A.M. – 11:20 A.M.
One afternoon (PM) session from 12:50 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
There are approximately 14 Preschool students in each session.
Our program follows the High Scope Curriculum model.
Please contact special services @ (732)222-5900 Ext. 1256 for further information.